One of the most important parts of any uniform.
Benefits of custom made protective mouthguards
– perfect fit
– does not restrict breathing
– does not restrict speech
– durable to last many seasons
– more adaptable to orthodontics
– reduces chances of neck injuries
– reduce chances of concussion
– prevents jaw joint disorders
A custom fit ensures protection. According to the National Youth Sports Foundation more than 3 million teeth will be knocked out in sporting events this year. And approximately 1 in 6 sports related injuries is to the head and/or face. The total rehab costs for a single knocked out tooth are more than 20- times the preventative cost for a custom made dentist prescribed sports mouth guard.
– 39% of dental injuries are sports related
– 80% of dental injuries occur to the upper front teeth
– an injured player has 5 minutes to react to tooth loss
– a single traumatic injury to teeth may never heal completely, and can create a lifetime of expensive long-term problems for the affected athlete
– 100,000 annual emergency room visits are due to sports related cranio-facial injuries
– An athlete is 60 times more likely to sustain damage to the teeh when not wearing a protective mouth guard
– Each athlete in a contact sport has aboua 10% chance per season of an orofacial injury o, or a35% to 56 chance during his or her atletic career
Contact Dr. Renee Kurtz to schedule an appointment 203-699-9705.